BANG NOISE HEARD AND/OR BUMP FELT FROM
FRONT OF VEHICLE DURING A QUICK 1-2 AND/OR
2-3 SHIFT—UNDER MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE ACCELERATION TSB 13-6-10
Some 2013 Focus ST vehicles may exhibit a bang noise and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift under moderate to aggressive acceleration.
Perform the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
1. Raise the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-02.
2. Remove the lower air deflector by removing the three (3) fasteners. (Figure 1)
3. Remove the engine compartment splash shield by removing the eight (8) fasteners. (Figure 1)
4. Lower the vehicle.
5. Remove battery and battery tray. Refer to WSM, Section 414-01.
6. Position hydraulic floor jack with a wood block under transmission and raise only enough to support weight of transmission.
a. Do not attempt to lift the transmission or
damage will occur. Figure 1 – Article 13-6-10
7. Remove battery tray reinforcement by removing the four (4) fasteners. (Figure 2)
8. Securing the transmission support insulator and remove the insulator.
Remove and discard the center fastener
9.Install revised service transmission support
insulator and torque new center fastener to 148
N•m (109 lb-ft).
10. Replace the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic tube
with revised service part. (Figure 3 – Item 12)
11. Bleed the clutch system. Refer to WSM,
Section 308-02, general procedures, 6 speed manual transmissions.
12. Remove floor jack.
13. Install battery tray reinforcement with the four (4) fasteners and torque to 48 N•m (35 lb-ft). (Figure 2)
14. Install battery and battery tray, refer to WSM, Section 414-01.
15. Replace engine mount with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01B
16. Replace roll restrictor with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 308-03.
a. When installing the engine compartment splash shield and lower air deflector, do not over tighten the fasteners or threads may be damaged.
|Part Number:||Part Name:|
|DV6Z-7A512-B||Clutch Line PTL|
|W500361-S442||Bolt – Transmission Mount|
|W716238-S442||Bolt – Roll Restrictor|
|PM-20||Motorcraft DOT 4 LV High
Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of
New Vehicle Limited
limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130610A||2013 Focus ST 2.0L GTDI:
Replace Mounts And
Clutch Hydraulic Cylinder
Tube Following The
Service Procedure (Do Not
Use With Any Other Labor
BASIC PART NO. CODE