This mod is to allow your keyfob to open or close your windows. This is something that is built into the car by default but disabled from the factory by Ford.
Video demonstrating the feature
You will need the following things:
-An ELM 327/OBD2 reader.
To purchase one:
Bluetooth Supper Mini OBD 2 /Mini OBD II Compatible with Andriod Power 2-Blue
ELM327 V1.4 USB OBD2 OBDII CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner USB Cable
-Download the latest version of the FoCCCus software.
EDIT: People have stated they’re having issues downloading from the site linked. The site linked, is not my site. I have no affiliation with the company or it’s software. I’ve attached a link to a dropbox link of the latest version, that I’ve been able to download. Please try downloading directly from the site before trying mine, as mine may be out of date. Dropbox Link- Focccus-0.8.6
-A Windows laptop or one running Windows on a VM, if using the Bluetooth reader, the laptop will need Bluetooth.
1. Plug the OBD2 reader into your car. The port is located under the headlight switch under the dash.
2. Put the car into accessory mode (hit start without clutch depressed.)
3. Connect your OBD2 reader to your laptop, if using the USB one you will most likely have to install the drivers. Bluetooth, simply pair it.
4. Determine what COM port the machine has assigned it. To do this:
1. – Windows 8 users, do Windows Key + Q then type devmgmt.msc
– Windows 7/Vista users, do Start > bottom of start bar, search bar > devmgmt.msc
– Windows XP(upgrade now) Do Start > Run > type devmgmt.msc ENTER
2. Select Ports(COM & LPT) so that it drops down
3. Find your OBD2 device and remember the COM# in the ().
– If there is a ! or Yellow triangle it means the device isn’t working properly and you’ll need to get drivers.
5. Go to the downloaded FoCCCus file, and extract it.
6. Open the extracted folder and double click on FoCCCus
7. Select your COM number that you got from above, and click Open.
– If you have a problem connecting try unselecting maximize speed.
8. When the window opens up, on the bottom left of the page click Read from BCM.
– It may fail a few times, don’t worry just try again.
9. When it has completed, click Save to File, and save it somewhere you’ll remember. You can never have enough backups.
10. Scroll down to #184 should read Global Open/Close and change the value to Global open/close doors and sunroof (even if you don’t have a sunroof)
11. Click write to BCM, again it may fail a few times, just keep trying.
Time to Test that it worked.
To put the windows down press and hold the unlock button for 5 seconds.
To put the windows up press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds.
You can stop the windows at any point by hitting the button again.
The sunroof will not open/close, due to the way it is wired.
Do not be worried about other fields that say Unknown or have incorrect info. DO NOT CHANGE THEM. It simply means the program didn’t know how to interpret the value in the config file with a package name. If you don’t change the value, the program won’t either so leave it me.
Also my OBD2 is not plugged in, for the screenshot I took.